Monday, April 11, 2011

Wiggly Worms and a Perfect Pizza!

Me, my Mother, and my Father went out to visit my grandparents at their farm this Sunday evening. My dad bought some bait and asked me to go fishing with him. I said "yes." So, we hopped in the boat and off we went traveling about the pond.
I like to fish. I'm not all that great at it, and unless it's a cricket I will not put my own bait on the hook. It grosses me out... for some reason crickets don't quite as much as slimy worms. I gave up on worms. Maybe I'll learn someday, but until then...
Me and my dad has this conversation:
"Dad, my worn is falling off the hook!"
"Well, fix it." -plainly stated.
"No, I don't touch worms." -factually stated.
"Ok give it here."


I caught this cat fish on the first cast of the night! He must have been hungry! This picture (above) was taken as we were reeling him in.


And there we are fishing. I have on my big, green, 'bug-glasses' as i like to call them :)

After we fished for a while, it was time for dinner. We were going to make our own mini pizzas. My grandma got all the toppings ready and we got to put whatever we wanted on it. Here is how we made them:

 After you added you own toppings, you give your pizza to 'the pizza man' (aka my Grandpa).


The pizza man politely places your pizza on the grill, with a perfectly-sized spatula. (don't you like my use of the letter P in the sentence?)


 Then, you close the grill and let them cook until the bottom of the pizza in nice and brown. Brown, not burnt.


Here is my symmetrical creation- with extra cheese!


Once it's cooked you cut it with a pizza-cutter in however many slices you want (after all it is your pizza) and then eat it all up! It was delicious, crispy and satisfying! What a great evening :)

Hope you had a good weekend, too!
-Maddy K.

5 comments:

  1. Great picture story.....Love ya, Grams

    ReplyDelete
  2. youre makin me want pizza now, frann! haha, i love your blog! so cute:)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photos! That pizza looks great! Making me hungry! Thanks for the comment on my blog! You were very close! It's our recliner! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for taking the time to read my post! Leave a comment and let me know what you think! I love to hear from my followers :)