Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Birthday Art Project

Over the weekend I was an a really artsy mood.. so I got out all my art stuff, not quite sure what I wanted to do...

It all looked so nice out on the table like that so I decided to take a picture. :)

I had my paintbrushes out and ready...

All my acrylic paints... Love them! They mix so nicely together- it's fun to make new colors.

My chalk and oil pastels...

Aaand.. my favorite set of markers. One of my friends dumped them out on the floor one time and arranged them by color. I really, really love these markers. They have treated me well, but sadly many of them have gone almost completely dry after a couple years. I think it may be time for a new set :(

After setting up all my beloved art supplies- I reserved to just using crayons. Go figure!
I bought my friend a plain brown journal for her birthday and I planned to decorate it and make it pretty. I originally thought I would paint it, but after much consideration crayons seemed like the best option because of the texture of the cover. 
I designed it and decided what to write on the outside. I am very pleased with the way it turned out. 
Check it out:

 Here's the front: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart..."



Here's the back... "...And lean not on your own understanding- Proverbs 3:5"

There it is all opened up to give you a good idea of what it looks like :)


And there it is all wrapped with a bow, when it was waiting to be opened!

* I had to wait until I gave it to my friend at Church tonight before I could post this, because I didn't want her to see it before hand, of course :)

-Maddy K.

1 comment:

  1. what a fun idea! super cute, i would love to get these. i would use them as journals! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for taking the time to read my post! Leave a comment and let me know what you think! I love to hear from my followers :)