Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Our Family Garden

Wow, I haven't blogged in over a week! Sorry, life/school has been crazy.

Let me tell you about our family garden- It is in a raised bed at the side of our house.

My dad built it with all his tools. He's a handyman and can build just about anything (probably).
We planted things that we knew we would eat. Tomatoes, Lettuce, Strawberries, carrots, cantaloupe... i forget the rest. We water on a regular basis and things seem to be growing like normal. I'm excited to harvest things!!

So far we have only been able to pick one strawberry. My mother was very proud of that single fruit. :)

And the lettuce just grows and grows. And we pick it. I had an entire salad the other night from our garden lettuce. It was yummy!
We also just got a compost. So we have been putting our natural food remains in the compost pile in hopes to produce fertilizer. It will take a few weeks before it is ready for use.
So there is our garden, growing, growing, growing!!!


This was taken of a flower in our front yard :) I love how everything is blooming now. The world is so pretty!


What's in your garden?
-Maddy K.

2 comments:

  1. I love this so so much!!!!! I love you so so so so much!!! Great pictures and what an awesome garden!!! So excited to see the growth that will take place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! :)
    I like your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for taking the time to read my post! Leave a comment and let me know what you think! I love to hear from my followers :)