Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Where Trust Comes From

You know what I haven't done lately? Blogging just for the sake of blogging. Blogging just to give my followers a peek into my mind. So here I go. I'm gonna blog just for the sake of blogging :)
I know that there are no pictures and I know that over half of you won't even read this, but this is more of a post for me. 

Gosh, when I think about the past 3 weeks of my life a flood of memories fills my mind. Mainly memories and events that have taught me something. Usually when I learn something in a situation it means that things didn't go my way and I had to learn to let go, or wait, or just plain give up.
Often times I find myself talking to God like this 'Lord, I know that you know what you are doing here, but if you would just do things this way (my way) I am certain that things will turn out great!' Boy am I wrong. And that's the frustrating part. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a time in life where everything and everyone was predictable? You knew what was coming so you could just prepare yourself and everything would be fine and dandy. Well that's not the way this life thing works.
You see, God designed it so that we walk around blindfolded. Not knowing where we are going or where he will take us next. When I think about that it makes me kind of mad. Why wouldn't he let me see what is up ahead?
But, then you think about it more and you get more into the details. Like if you knew what was coming next there would be no trust, no surprises, no faith to jump out on. It'd be like going on a roller coaster and knowing every twist turn and spin- it would lose it's excitement.
And if we really knew what was coming next we would try to get out of it. Life would be lived in anticipation. If we see something great up ahead we would rush through all the not-so-great parts of life. And most of the time those not-so-great parts of life are really what make life better. They make you, you, they make you cling to the only constant thing in this life, they set your eyes not on your circumstance but on the One carrying you through life. And suddenly, when your focus is back on the One, the not-so-great arts of life seem not-so-bad anymore. Because you know that whatever you go through in this life- weather you see it coming or not- you know that He will always be holding you and he will never let you go. That's where trust comes from. And that is why I will go through this life blindfolded, but clinging to the One who knows where we are going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks you for taking the time to read my post! Leave a comment and let me know what you think! I love to hear from my followers :)