Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My hair- 'hair fixin'

I usually don't do any cosmetic posts, but it's always nice to try something new... sooooo...

About my hair: Typically described by me as having a mind of it's own. I'm too impatient to blow-dry it, and if I do I only do it partially, giving up. Most mornings I wake up wondering if it will be wavy, kinky, straight, everywhere, or just perfect so I don't hardly have to run a comb through it (and on those days I am thankful). One quick look in the mirror and the mystery is solved.
Then comes my next mystery. What in the world am I gonna do with it? A lot of times most of the time I just leave it down, settling for the fact that is doesn't look 'that bad', on rare occasion I will straighten it (depending on where I'm going that day), often I give up fighting my poor hair that can't make up it's mind and just put it up in a pony tail.
Something you should know is that I am very unskilled in the area of 'hair fixin'. I can't french braid, part of me is too afraid to try anything new, and when I do try something 'it just doesn't look right'. Does anyone feel the same way? Well, one day I was in the mood to try something new with my hair. And when that opportunity arises, I jump on it. I had nowhere to be, so I wasn't racing the clock. I made myself go to my room and just t.r.y.
After a bit of frustration and tweaking, to get the look I wanted... THIS is what I ended up with. These are SOOC.

from the side

from the front-ish

And one more.

Now, it may not look like much, but for my it was a big deal. I was really excited!! It was nice because it kept my hair out of my face, and it looked pretty cute ( I think).
Now, since this day I have tried new things, and I have tried to recreate this 'hair fixin', but haven't been quite as successful. If any of you guys have any quick and easy 'hair fixins' that doesn't take much skill leval then I would be so grateful to hear about it or read a blog post. Please let me know!!

Thanks for reading, Maddy K.

2 comments:

  1. you are so cute! loooove it! I think I might try a post like this sometime :0

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for taking the time to read my post! Leave a comment and let me know what you think! I love to hear from my followers :)